I guess that it is standard practise to offer your guests a drink on arrival?
But what is really great, is to pay attention even to that simple detail and Wow them from the start!
And I particularly love an event that has a theme running through it, that is evident everywhere – from the invitations, the decor and the drinks, right through to the menu and petits fours.
At a recent client’s suggestion we filled a huge copper bowl with wine, champagne, beers and waters and surrounded them all with snow. The effect was stunning for the guests as they walked in the door. Admittedly, this is easier to achieve if you are in a chalet that is surrounded by snow – and basically impossible if you are basking in the sunshine!
But here are some ideas that are do-able wherever you are!
1. Cocktail jelly shots – taking jelly shots to the next level. Identical jellies in rows on a clean and simple plate.
Photo courtesy of the Jelly Shot Test Kitchen
2. Greet guests with your signature drink for the evening – presented elegantly in rows on a giant silver tray / wooden block / upended mirror / glass.
3. Champagne, ribbons and straws – FUN!
Photo courtesy of stylemepretty
4. Rows of identical jars with labels and straws – Pretty!
Photo courtesy of catchmyparty
5. In a similar theme, but on a larger scale – fill a basin with ice and layer in mason jars with premixed cocktails! Label them prettily and guests can help themselves. Exquisite.
Image courtesy of destinationunknown
Hope these were fun and inspiring!
And If you like these ideas you may find some more that you like by following my Pinterest page.